After much thought and consideration, I talked to Daddy about a new adventure for Knox. Together, Daddy and I decided to let Knox go to a babysitter during the morning hours. Not only will I be able to get work done, but he will get to play with other children and learn how to interact with them.
Long story short, we were able to get our top choice - Mrs. Kim - to babysit Knox! On Monday, Knox and I stopped by to meet Mrs. Kim and the other children. He recognized a few children, including his little girlfriend from church, Emma. He found lots of toys to play with and seemed to like it there.
The next morning was our big day! Knox obviously didn't know what was going on, but I was excited but so nervous! I talked to him while we were getting dressed, so he ended up being super pumped!
Day One Result: He did GREAT!!!! He asked about me often, but Mrs. Kim just told him I'd be back in a little while. That usually worked, or someone would give him a little four-wheeler to distract him. Between the two, he was set.
I was so proud of him! Our reunion was wonderful! I felt like it was just what we needed. He and I were so excited to see one another. We thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon together.
But first things first - he had to call Daddy and tell him about his big day. It was during this conversation that Knox began saying, "Okaaaaayy." Daddy said, "You be a good boy, okay?" And Knox said, "Okaaaaayy." Love it.
After lunch, a nap, and a treat, we went to the shop to do some work. When Knox decided it was time to leave, he mentioned the golf cart. I told him we would ride it in a minute. My minute passed, and Knox laid down the law.
He left.
He said he wanted to ride the golf cart.
So off he went.
Can you see him?

2 comments:
Sweet Knox could not be in better hands! Kim is the best.
He looked so cute with his little backpack on... I hope he enjoys himself!
Too cute! I wish you would have put the video of him saying "ooookkkaayyy" on here. I loved the video!
Post a Comment