Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Zoo Buds

Some families from our church went on our 2nd annual Spring Break Zoo Trip. We rode the church bus, which REALLY excited Knox!

When we arrived at the zoo, we met Uncle Chris and sweet little Chase. Grandaddy instantly insisted on some good lovin' from Chase, so what did that mean for Knox? He gets to push Chase's wagon!!
Gotta have a group picture, right?
Wrong.

"Airplane!!"
Grandaddy, Chase, Nana, and Knox



It was about this time that my heart crushed into pieces.

Knox was old enough to enjoy the zoo.

Oh my. I was NOT ready for this. Where's Reed? We've always come to the zoo for Reed.
Knox knows his animals. Knox talks.
Knox isn't a baby anymore.

I fought back the tears, and let my little man enjoy the zoo. And did he ever?!















My February 4th Babies
















Knox's favorite stop was donated by some cool named folks!
There he is!


Knox and Nana


Knox and Uncle Chris






"We got da same shoes, Chase!"


Yes, they really were this sweet!


"Look, Chase. I gotta STAMP!"


"You wanna touch it?"

We piled into Uncle Chris's car to go have lunch at Central Barbecue. Chris and Chase dropped us back off, and then they headed home. We went back in the zoo for some more animals and more fun.









"'Anudder' airplane!!"








"One, two, 'free'..."

"JUMP!!"




Grandaddy, Nana, and Knox


Olivia, CJ, Knox, and Isaac




Snoozing on the way home


He napped the whole way home, so we ended the day at Kids Town. (Every time we drive by, he yells, "THEEERRRRRRE'S KIDS TOWN!"



We all had a ball! It was a terrific day!


2 comments:

The Gapens said...

What a fun day! I hate Reed and I missed it! Since Knox loved it SO much, I think you guys will have to make a trip to Hernando this summer, so we can go again! :)

The Robertsons said...

I cannot believe how big Knox is! He's still so stinkin cute though!