And finally, this was the post from our first doctor's appointment...the day we waited so long for!
Our first doctor's appointment was yesterday, July 17. Everything is going well!
Benjie was able to join me for the sonogram, so we both got to see the baby and hear the baby's heartbeat. WOW! What an amazing experience! Everything became so REAL yesterday.
The baby is 4.02 centimeters and its heartbeat was 133 bpm.
Obviously I couldn't hold the news in any longer. Benjie and I went shopping to try to find some ways to share the good news. Our first stop was Peyton (big brother). We picked him up at his nanny's and Benjie told him while I was snapping pictures of his expressions. He did MUCH better than I anticipated, so I was really excited! Our first doctor's appointment was yesterday, July 17. Everything is going well!
Benjie was able to join me for the sonogram, so we both got to see the baby and hear the baby's heartbeat. WOW! What an amazing experience! Everything became so REAL yesterday.
The baby is 4.02 centimeters and its heartbeat was 133 bpm.

We ended up having to go to the school to find Mother (Nana), but I convinced her to go home to 'get her early birthday present.' She followed us to her house, and opened up the surprise in front of Virgil (Grandaddy) and Jack.
Then we called Sue (Grandma) on our way back home. We then walked next door to tell Jerry (Poppy) and Christi.
We had a baseball meeting at our house at 6, but as soon as it was over I called Amy Pharr and then struck out towards the city park. I called my sisters, told some of my best friends as well some other special people in our lives, and then it was time to come home.
We're going to Birmingham this weekend to tell my dad (Pop) and Cathy (Nani), Grandmother, and Joe, Candice, & Lexi.
One word is coming to mind right now...BLESSED!
Thank you, Lord, for the wonderful miracle you have given us!

1 comment:
I really am happy for you all. I know this is something you both have wanted for a while now. Children can be very difficult at times but there is NEVER a time that I do not consider myself truly blessed and I know that you will too. I know that you will be a terrific mother. Good job with the post. Love You~
Post a Comment