Just for a change of pace, Daddy and I have decided to do this post in a Q & A format. Enjoy!
How much weight have you gained since your last visit?
I'm happy to report I've gained a whopping 4 pounds! This puts me +1 overall.
Was your blood pressure okay?
My blood pressure was better today than I ever remember it being - pregnant or not. I normally have really low blood pressure. Today, my blood pressure was 114/70.
Were you able to hear Baby Houston's heartbeat using the Doppler in the patient room?
Yes! In the room, Baby Houston's heartrate ranged from 152 to 154 bpm. This was our first time to be able to do this. It was such a sweet, pleasant sound.
Did you choose to have bloodwork done to help screen for abnormalities or defects?
Yes, we did. They drew some blood, and I will receive a call from my doctor to give us the results in a few weeks.
Did you have an ultrasound done today? If so, is everything okay?
Yes...and yes! During the ultrasound, Baby Houston's heartrate was 142 bpm. Everything appears to be fine concerning Baby Houston. However, when we were leaving, the tech told us that Baby Houston was the most stubborn baby she's ever worked with. Did any of you expect anything differently being a child of mine? : )
We tried for a very long time to determine the sex of Baby Houston. But Baby Houston thought it was time to sleep - or Baby Houston just didn't think we needed to find out today.
Did you ever find out if Baby Houston is a boy or girl?
Yes. Kind of. Sort of.
Are you going to tell us or not?
No.
Why???
Because we're not really certain. We will do another ultrasound on October 15, and we PROMISE we won't keep it a secret long after that!
We really tried hard today to find out, but as I have mentioned, Baby Houston just did not want to cooperate. I turned on both sides, the tech wiggled and wiggled and wiggled my belly, we begged Baby Houston, we did it all. The tech did tell us that she has never been wrong, but she also stressed that she was not 100% positive on Baby Houston's sex.
We are so proud that everything went so well today. Thank you so much for all the prayers!
Also, Daddy and I did not get a chance to discuss posting any pictures and/or videos from today, so I do not know if we will or not. But if we do, we'll post a note on the left side of the blog to let you know.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am so ready to find out the sex of that precious baby, but I promised not to bug you, so I won't! :)
I am thrilled that you got an excellent report. Tell Baby Houston that I love him/her!
what you have only gained a pound????? that is so not fair. haha. Someone else in the fam needs to blow up like i did.
im with erin im so ready to find out if its a boy or girl. Don't you want to give us a hint???
I won't bug you either but come Oct 15th i will.. haha.
Love yall (all 4 of yall)
Post a Comment