Monday, October 13, 2008

Fourth Appointment - October 13, 2008

It is with great joy and excitement that we announce...
Baby Houston is definitely a BOY!!!

During the sonogram, we were able to see:
  • heart rate of 146
  • top lip and palette are normal
  • four chambers of the heart
  • vessels exiting the heart are going to right direction
  • spine looks good
  • weight of 12 ounces
  • kidneys are functioning
  • abdomen looks and measured good
  • Mom's placenta looks good
  • stomach looks good; swallowing amniotic fluids
  • Peyton is going to be the assistant coach
  • three vessels in the umbilical cord
Big brother Peyton was out of school today, so he got to go with us!

Mom update: My blood pressure was 118/78. I have gained 7 pounds since the last appointment, and Peyton was quick to remind us that Baby Houston only weighs 12 ounces.

We are very thankful that Baby Houston is doing so well. We had a great visit today, and we're overwhelmed with joy!

4 comments:

The Gapens said...

Congrats! Baby boys are awesome! Reed can't wait to play with Baby Houston. He's pumped that it's a boy! We love you!

Aunt Trish said...

I know that I've already told you this but Congrats again!! I am so excited and happy that everything looks so good. I can't wait to see this little fellow. The boys were VERY excited that it's a boy. Love You ~

The Simpsons said...

Congrats!! We can't wait to meet Baby Houston. Love ya

The Robertsons said...

Congrats to you! Glad to hear baby Houston is doing so well.