Thursday, October 23, 2008

Moving Right Along

Today marks one week since I first felt Baby Houston moving! This is, by far, one of the best experiences I have ever had!

On Thursday evening, October 16th, we were in the shop working on the racecar. (Yes, for those interested, we're still rednecks - and proud of it!) Daddy just had to crank his new and improved motor. I was not expecting to feel the baby, but I guess I was just trying to be sweet to our little man. I walked away from the car, sat down in a chair, talked to him, and just held my belly.

Daddy started up his big, bad motor. And just a few seconds later...I felt Baby Houston.

Was that him?!

There it was again.

It's him! It's really him!!

Oh, what a wonderful feeling!!!

I've been able to feel Baby Houston moving ever since then. I really enjoyed feeling him moving during the races last weekend. Daddy raced on Friday and Saturday night in Columbus, and there were several times I could feel him. I pretended he was cheering for his daddy, who did a fantastic job! Way to go, Daddy!

He especially loves (or perhaps hates) when I sing. Every evening on my way home from work, I normally pretend I'm on stage performing at a concert. : ) I'm not sure whether he's enjoying it, or telling me to hush, but either way, I still love feeling him move. He was really busy last night during choir practice. I sit right beside Nana, so I pretended that he was enjoying listening to her sing.

I still think I'm doing very well, but sometimes I let stress get to me. By the time I get ready for bed, I'm exhausted. But don't worry - Baby Houston's not! I actually love lying down at night, because I can usually always feel him move a few times before I fall fast asleep. And what a wonderful, peaceful way to end my night! ~Yes, I realize that one of these days when he's much bigger, I will not want him doing this. But for now, I'm certainly enjoying it while I can. I can't believe we'll be 22 weeks tomorrow. Time is really flying by, but I'm trying to make sure I slow down to enjoy all these little things.

Sticking with the title, Moving Right Along, we have even more good news! The company I was working for was sold this week! Praise God! (The previous company was scheduled to close on December 4th.) We know the transition will be very stressful, but we're so thankful for my new job (and the jobs of so many others).

Please continue praying for us. We're Moving Right Along just fine, and to God we give the glory!

4 comments:

TERRY & JENNIFER said...

Terry and I are so happy for you.The experience of being pregnant and giving birth is truly something only GOD has a hand in.We will continue to pray for you and Baby Boy Houston.

The Gapens said...

What a wonderful feeling!!! God is so amazing, isn't he? I can't wait until I can feel Baby Houston moving! Tell him we love him, and we love you too.

Lois McMurchy said...

You look absolutely beautiful, Tina....what a stud father, too...
training baby Houston on race cars in utero...way cool

Aunt Trish said...

I'm so happy for you! I really am. The one thing that Brad misses the most with my pregnancies is laying in bed and feeling the boys kick. He was ALWAYS amazed whether it was Baby #1 or Baby #4. I can't wait until I can feel him too. Love You!