As I sit here and reflect on my life on this morning, I can't help but realize how differently I feel today.
First and foremost, I have grown closer to Christ during the past two years. I think it's because of this, I am able to see God's blessings so much clearer now.
Being that today is Thanksgiving Day, we all sit and think about what all we are thankful for. I've always stated the obvious: family, friends, job, church, home, and health. But this year - each one of those seem so much bigger now, so much more special than usual.
This precious baby growing inside me has softened me quite a bit. He helps me look at things differently than before. The things I dwelled on in the past don't even matter to me anymore. With any child, you see God's work firsthand. To me, babies are miracles that only God can create. Watching and feeling him grow has been an amazing experience. And I know this is the work of our Lord.
Family & Friends
When I think of my extended family and friends, I remember how important they were during our period of infertility. There were many times I was ready to give up, but they were there to encourage me and give me that little push I so desperately needed.
When we finally announced we were expecting, they were there to rejoice with us. They prayed for us, and they have continued to pray for us. And that in itself means so much.
Job
On October 6th, I was given a WARN Act Notice stating my employment would be terminated effective December 4th. Our company was closing, and I would not have a job. Although it was somewhat expected, it still hit me like a ton of bricks. I honestly didn't know what to do. Daddy and I prayed. We believed God was in control, but we were both surprised (and extremely relieved) when the company was sold. The new owners chose to keep all of the previous employees, which included me.
I look at my job differently now. I am truly thankful for it, and I actually enjoy it more now. I even have more responsibilities, which is what I'd been wanting for a while.
Although at this time I still do not know the new company's policies (concerning maternity leave, FMLA, etc.) I still give God thanks for providing for us.
Church
We are more active and more involved in our church than we've ever been. We absolutely love our church and our Sunday school class. I've even been thankful already for our great nursery organization. I'm excited about bringing up Baby Houston in our church.
Home
As we are in the process of getting our house ready for Baby Houston, sometimes I catch myself thinking about how much I actually love our house. It's old, floors are uneven, the kitchen is entirely too small, and the layout is not how I want it, but it's ours. More importantly, it's not just our house, but it's our home.
Health
Although I've had some really minor struggles during this pregnancy, I'm extremely grateful for our health thus far. I had my first big scare around 2:00 a.m. Sunday morning. I woke up with horrible, horrible pains. I had no idea what was wrong, and I couldn't help but think I was going to lose the baby. Long story short, it was a gallbladder attack. There's rarely a day that goes by that I don't stop for a moment and give thanks for this baby, but after that experience and scare, it makes me even more grateful for this little one and our health.
I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders. I will be glad and exult in You; I will sing to Your name, O Most High. Psalm 9:1-2
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
This was an excellent post. Very well written my dear!
We are thankful to have you and your family in our lives. We need an updated pic to see how much Baby Houston has grown.
Love you
This post made me cry , which is no surprise considering I cry over EVERYTHING! Being pregnant will totally change your life and your way of thinking. I'm so happy that you are getting to go through this. We are very excited and can't wait for Baby Houston to get here.
Love You!
Tina,
I am way behind on reading all of this, but that Thanksgiving post was great. I remember going through alot of those thought patterns when I was pregnant and I can tell you it never changes. I am truly a more thankful person since God gave me Alec.
Can't wait to meet baby Knox.
Jema
Post a Comment