Our appointment today was brief, but it went well.
We listened to Baby Houston's heart beat, which is always such a wonderful sound. His heart rate was in the 150's. My blood pressure was 114/70. My fundal measurement was 25 cm, which is right on target. But there was one thing that was NOT on target, and we all knew that it was my weight. I've gained nine pounds since our last appointment. Our doctor was supposed to get on to me, but she said I was doing a pretty good job scolding myself. She also added that, at this rate, Baby Houston will weigh 12 pounds. That wasn't very funny to me. : ( I am already trying to coach myself to do better this month. Daddy has been very sweet, choosing all of his words wisely. Smart man!
For safety reasons, I often leave out certain information. When I mention our doctor, I should actually refer to her as a nurse practitioner. She will not deliver Baby Houston, but Daddy and I have both agreed to see her up until time for delivery. She's not only our nurse practitioner, but she's also our friend and neighbor. The doctor who will deliver Baby Houston, whom I will call Dr. K., came in to meet Daddy today. (He has already performed a surgery on me before, so I already knew him.) We didn't realize we would be able to meet with him this early, but it was a very welcomed surprise. We will be meeting with him later on also, but it was great for Daddy to be able to finally meet him and put a face with a name.
At our next appointment, I will take another one hour glucose test. Please be in prayer for good results.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Another glucose test...YUCK! I'm thrilled to know that Baby Houston & Momma are both doing great! We have and will continue to pray for the both of you. We love you!
YEA!! Things ARE moving right along. Please let me know if there's anything you need. I'll be happy to do anything. Our "name" list for Baby Houston is in the works. I'll get it to you as soon as it is done. Love You ~
Post a Comment