Sunday, November 28, 2010

K - N - ox!

Because he changes and adds a few more words daily, we thought it was time to document some of the things Knox is saying right now.
He tries to put many words together. I just have to fill in the blanks. That's actually really fun, because his eyes glisten when I repeat what he was trying to say. For example: When he wakes up, he says, Daddy. Work. Patpillar. I say, "Yes, Daddy is at work at Caterpillar."

Socks off. Socks on. Shoes off. Shoes on. I did it! Moma do it (as in, wanting me to repeat what he said). Moma hold it. Daddy hold it.

Eat! When asked, "What do you want to eat?" he always replies, "Ummmmm..." followed by one lip smack. I have no idea where he got that from, but it is so funny. He will often say he wants gogurt (yogurt), butter (peanut butter), chicken, waffles, sausage, bickit (biscuit), sausagebickit (sausage and biscuit), or ancakes (pancakes).

I fell. Whoops! If it was a really hard fall, he'll say Okaaaaay.

Eat it. Want it. Hold it. Drop it. Do it. Dunk it. Ride it. Push it. Buy it. Read it. Stop it. I shouldn't mention this because I'm telling on myself, but he did say Dern it one time at the shop. I didn't acknowledge it though, and I threatened Uncle Jack not to either. I haven't heard it since, and I've tried not to say it either.

Right der (Right there). Backder (Back there). Dart, ain't it? (Dark, ain't it?) *We are certain Uncle Chris is proud of those!

Uncle Jack has done a great job training Knox with his cool-dude lingo. What's up?! Peace out. Homie. (I'm just amazed at how quickly his vocabulary increases. It was just a couple of weeks ago when he only said Up?! and Peace!)

He has recently changed the way he spells his name. He has gone from Kay. iNn. Ohh. X! (dragging each of the first three letters out with his southern drawl) to Kay. iNn. ox!! He is putting O-X together and saying them quickly, and it is too funny! He is so proud of himself.

Peepotty! (I pee-peed in the potty!) Beeboy! (I'm a big boy! -or- I want to be a big boy and sit right here by myself.)

He is still doing very well counting to ten, and he almost always follows it with a big Yea!!!! and clapping his hands. Every now and then he'll say 'leven (eleven).

He loves to read books. I'm honestly amazed at the memory that he has, and I'm beyond thrilled of his desire to learn. One example that comes to mind: After only reading the book to him maybe twice, he came to me one day and said, Dangull (Daniel). God. Lion. Angel. (Obviously it was a book about Daniel being protected by an angel when he was thrown into the lion's den for praying to God.)

Sing, sing, sing. Oh how he loves to sing! Together we sing anything from Jesus Loves Me to The Wheels on the Bus. We both enjoy the songs with motions. My favorite to hear him sing solo and do the motions is Itsy Bitsy Spider.

We're also amazed at his ability to identify vehicles and places. Driving down Hwy 145 is quite a treat with him. Toro (Mi Toro). Donalls (McDonald's). Junya. Shop. (Junior's shop.) Tractor. Bank. MallMart (Walmart).

He doesn't miss much. He is very, very busy - so full of life - very friendly and outgoing. I love his personality, and I wouldn't change a single thing about this kiddo. We're having a blast with him!

1 comment:

The Gapens said...

Knox,

Your vocabulary amazes me! I am so proud of you for spelling your name. You are such a smart, fun, loving boy. So glad you're my nephew!

I love you,

Aunt Erin