Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bubba's Birthday

Peyton is now a teenager! We started off his big day by going to the annual pancake festival with Poppy. Knox has an obsession with pancakes, so I was very excited about going this year. I just knew he would squeal with delight.

Boy was I wrong! All he would eat was sausage! I texted Mrs. Kim and told her that evidently the Pilot Club couldn't make pancakes as well as her.
*Mrs. Kim makes pancakes about once or twice a week for the kids. If it were up to Knox, she would make them every day. When Daddy went to the races a few weekends ago, Nana and I took Knox to IHOP. It was quite a sight to see! He stood up in the booth while he ate, and he yelled at every person that walked by, "Pancakes!!!!!"

That wasn't the case this time. Who knows? Maybe it's because I got him a Mickey Mouse pancake, and he just wasn't comfortable eating "Mi Mou."

Daddy, Knox, Bubba, and Poppy

After the pancake festival, we came home to let Bubba open his birthday presents. When he tried on his new jeans, he took off his boots. And we all know what happened next...

Photo taken in honor of Aunt Erin :P






Knox and I missed the first hour of Bubba's birthday party, because Knox was still taking his nap. But no worries, he made it there in plenty of time to eat cake and ice cream - and have a lot of fun! His favorite part of all was riding the scooter (and watching Daddy ride, too)!


It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't.
~Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams

1 comment:

The Gapens said...

reeeKnox,

I have a picture of me in my Daddy's boots when I was little.

I love it & I love you!

Aunt Erin