Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pulling Up and Saying Moma

Last weekend, we went to the Deaton family reunion at the beautiful Belmont Hotel. We had a great time meeting some of Daddy's family.

Knox and Jim

Knox really enjoyed spending time with Vickie
and playing with Sydney Grace

Knox entertaining the crowd

Knox's favorite part was the banana pudding!

Amy, Daddy, Knox, and Peyton

Knox trying to talk to Sydney Grace


While we were gone to the reunion, Nana delivered a special package from Knox's cousin, Reed. Reed and his mommy made a big cookie to tell us Reed is going to have a little BROTHER! We are so excited!

Knox couldn't wait to dig in!


I laid Knox down for a nap the other day, left the room for a couple of minutes, and came back to find him like this:
Needless to say, Knox can pull up now. And he pulls up on EVERY thing. He prefers to stand up so much, he doesn't even want to try to crawl anymore. He thinks he is sooooo big now.




Great-Uncle Keith, Great Aunt Janet, and Cousin Derek sent us a package earlier this week. I let Knox help me open the present.

I had to finish opening it because he got a little distracted. He tries to eat anything in sight. But he and I both LOVE the picture frame!

Big Boy Knox no longer wants to sit in bouncy chairs, rockers, etc. (He will still happily sit in his high chair, but that's only because he knows he'll get food in it!) He only wants to stand up beside them and play with the toys. He is growing up way too fast!

Knox was so excited to help me open birthday cards yesterday.

Daddy did a great job of making my birthday very special, but even he will admit Knox stole my heart yesterday. All day long, he went around saying, "Moma! Moma! Mom-Uh! Mom-Muuuh!" That was the best birthday present ever!




The next video is from Saturday morning after Peyton's football game, before we went to the reunion. Knox had a great time laughing at Grandma and Peyton throwing a tennis ball.
To all of Daddy's fans, there's something special for you at the very end. ;)

7 comments:

The Gapens said...

How sweet is that! I definitely think you got the best birthday present ever!!! Glad he loved the cookie!

By the way, I loved Knox's outfit! Go Dawgs!

Love You!!!

The McCafferty's said...

That is great that he is saying mama. Ruthie still only says it when she is upset and wants to be picked up. She LOVES to say dada though. Knox is precious!

Tina said...

I finally uploaded another video at the bottom of the post.

Thanks, Marcie!
Erin, I agree! Love you, too!

The Gapens said...

I love the second video. That laugh is precious! Knox is definitely Benjie's son. I'm loving his version of the worm!

Dear Uncle Benjie,
Watch out for that love seat! I love the fact that it knocked your hat off! I keep telling Momma that "I want Bengee to do it again!"
Love,
Reed

THE CHITTOMS said...

There is nothing more precious in the world than hearing your baby say momma for the first time :)! I can't believe he is pulling up already!!! He is an absolute doll!!!

The Martins said...

Can we say Momma's boy. How precious is he and funny. He was so much fun in the nursery Sunday.

The Robertsons said...

Too cute! I want to see him in person. Come visit Hernando.