Monday, September 28, 2009

Crawling, Racing, Sliding, and Snorting

Weekend before last, Knox crawled "the right way" for the first time while we were hanging out at Grandma's house. Due to all of the rain we've had recently, we've been spending a lot of time at home, so Knox is now a professional in the crawling department! He rarely ever does the worm anymore, which just reminds me that he is growing up. :(

There are four steps that lead from Knox's room to ours. Previously, he liked to play with the bottom step. Last week, I saw really quickly that he was ready to try climbing them. Much to my surprise, he climed every step & never stumbled or looked back. He was so proud of himself! I never encouraged him while he was climbing, but once he reached the top, I did clap for him and tell him I was proud of him. So far, he has no desire to go down the steps, which is just fine with me!

Serious faces

Happy faces

Daddy's "Aunt" Evelyn was in town the other day, so I took Knox to meet her and "Aunt" Ollie. He rarely ever wears shoes, but I got out a pair of Peyton's obviously-never-worn-before shoes. Knox thought he was something in them! He looked like such a big boy!


Sitting with Aunt Ozie
(wanting to gnaw on her fingers)

Grinning with "Aunt" Evelyn


Friday night, Daddy and I took Knox to the races! We were actually enjoying a dinner at Harvey's when I decided we would go. We weren't completely prepared, but we all managed just fine. Mrs. Cheryl gave Knox some earplugs to wear. He did sooooo good! He never once tried to take the earplugs out! (He did, however, look a lot like Herman Munster!) He stayed awake way past his bedtime, but he ended up going to sleep around 10:30 during the races. Daddy was so proud Knox got to go, and we were both tickled that he did so well.


Uncle Jack recently became a teenager (which makes me very sad, but that's another story). His birthday party consisted of 20 boys slipping & sliding down a large hill, swimming in a pond, playing football & basketball, and wrestling on the trampoline. Knox really enjoyed watching the boys have tons of fun. Since it was during his naptime, I occassionally put him in Nana's Pack 'n Play. Uncle Jack's dog, Lucky, was a great babysitter! It was so funny because Lucky would sit right beside the Pack 'n Play so he could protect Knox. Uncle Jack even took Knox down the slip & slide two times! Knox didn't seem too thrilled, but he sure didn't complain. This time next year will be a completely different story!






Cousin Easton came along, too

Cousin Easton blocking the others

Lucky babysitting Knox

Here they go again!

Connor giving them a push



Peyton greeting Knox at the end

Knox talking up a storm to Nana

Knox showing affection to Mr. Mike

Knox has been a "snorter" since he was born. Many times when he would cry, he would snort. It has always been so funny to us, but recently he has started snorting on purpose! It is the funniest thing! Thankfully, he hasn't been doing it as much this week. It was almost embarrassing when he did it several times during church - and no, it wasn't our church - which made it worse - but we couldn't help but laugh. Some friends of ours encouraged us to video him snorting. I have found myself watching the videos over and over, laughing out loud every single time. I'm not sure whether our snorting days are over, but in case they are, we have proof to show him in the future and so we will always remember these funny moments.


We love this precious little boy!

3 comments:

The Gapens said...

Knox,

Way to go! We are so proud of you for crawling and climbing the stairs!

The slide looked like a lot of fun, and we can see a future racing fan as well. We loved the ear plugs too!

We can't wait to see some of that crawling action! We love you and miss you,

Uncle Chris, Aunt Erin, Reed, & Baby Gapen #2

The Martins said...

Oh my gosh. I love the snorting. It is hilarious!!! Way to tackle them stairs Knox.

Jema Nunley said...

Alec and I love the snorting. LOL!