Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pre-Halloween Festivities Fun

Earlier this week, I guess Knox knew that Halloween was approaching. He crawled into Peyton's room and found a surprise behind the door.
It was a dancing skeleton that Pop & Nani had given Peyton a few years ago. Knox seemed pretty amazed by it at first, so I brought it into the living room for him to play with it.




Priceless!

Pop and Nani got Knox a Caterpillar wheel loader last week. They sent it with Reed and Uncle Chris, and they gave it to us before we went to Cedar Hill Farm. We did not even show it to Knox. We just put it in the truck and brought it home.
The next day, while he was crawling around, he spotted it in our bedroom floor. It didn't take him long to figure out that this was one cool machine! It was actually a day later before we opened it up for Knox, but he didn't mind at all. He was perfectly content playing with the wheels and pushing all of the button while it was still in the box.
But once it was opened, he was SUPER excited!
He's been playing with it ever since!
He is also loving the hard hat!

But oh how he is still fascinated by the skeleton!



Knox is getting the hang of clapping. I'll say, "Go devils!" and he'll clap for me. It came in handy at Uncle Jack's basketball game this week!
He wouldn't take his eyes off the court!
-Knox and Nana
Friday night after dinner, as I was climbing into the truck in the pouring rain, my heart immediately skipped a beat when I heard the joyous laughter coming from the back seat.
I could listen to that all day long!

Halloween morning, we went to Tupelo to meet up with some very special people!
Pop, Nani, Lexi, Mammaw, and Pappaw met us for lunch at Peppers. We had such a good time!
After we finished eating, we let Knox get out of the high chair and entertain the crowd.

Wearing his pappaw's Alabama hat

Playing peek-a-boo with Nani

Nani gave Knox some of her drink. It didn't take him very long to figure out that was some good stuff, and he wanted more! (Isn't that what grandparents are for?!)

"More please!"

"So THAT'S how you do it!"
-Nani and Knox, watching every move she made
"Thanks, Nani!"

Pop and Nani gave each grandchild a bucket full of goodies for Halloween! Knox's bucket had some teething biscuits in it, which he enjoyed during lunch, and I believe he was still excited about them when we left!
Group picture
Pop, Knox, Lexi, Nani, Pappaw, Mammaw, and Peyton

I guess he thinks everyone needs to see his tongue

He loves his big brother
Saying our goodbyes
Those are never easy!

Before putting on his costume for the evening, Knox was playing with the magnets on the front door. (They used to be on our refrigerator, but he prefers them on the door.) He put the small one in his mouth, and Daddy & I got so tickled! He looked SO funny!!!! We are thankful that God made us to have white teeth, and not green gears!


So precious - Drool and all!



Happy Halloween from Billy Bob Knox!

2 comments:

The Gapens said...

I adored this post! Knox's laugh is so contagious. I could just eat him up!

I hate we missed seeing everyone Saturday, but it was best for Reed. Hopefully, we will get our little guy feeling 100% soon!

We love you!

Anonymous said...

You got a good one here. I love those green teeth, maybe he would like green eggs and ham. Enjoyed all the post catching uup. I fianlly found my Knox blog. Grandmama