Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cruising Along

Daddy and I went on a cruise last week! We've never been away from Knox for more than one night, so this was an adjustment for all of us. But just as we expected, Knox did GREAT!!!
He stayed with Moma Amy during the day, and he stayed with Nana & Grandaddy each night. Knox's cousin, Lilly, was at Moma Amy's on Tuesday and Thursday. He really enjoyed playing with her. Moma Amy texted me every day (although I never texted back) and let us know how he was doing. She was also sweet enough to take some pictures on her phone and email them to us. On Wednesday, while we were in Cozumel, we were able to look at the pictures she had already sent. It was so great being able to actually see how well he was doing.

Captions by Moma Amy:

Mornin!!!!!

A new mountain of toys

Moma Amy and Knox

Guess who is up?

Hey! I'm riding a horse!!!

Breakfast time!

Lilly and Knox

The piano man and his girl

Ride em cowboy!!!

Nap time!

Whatchoo talken bout?

Hey Moma and Daddy! I just got up from my nap!

Busy already
We really enjoyed reading Amy's text messages. Uncle Jack was supposed to text me every day, too, but he failed to do so. No texts were received from Jack after Tuesday.

I have edited the texts a little bit for easier reading.
January 25th 7:51 a.m.
When I picked him up, we were headed back to get Gracemarie and I pulled my visor down so I could see him. He waved at me and said, "Hi!"
January 25th 11:33 a.m.
Gracemarie has walkie talkies that look like flip top cell phones. He loves it! He keeps laughing. I think he is calling Benjie. He puts it to his ear and says, "Da!"
January 26th 9:56 a.m.
No nap yet!!! Can't lay down cause he might miss something Lilly does. ha ha. They are doing good together. She just don't like him getting all over her when they are in the floor playing. She says, "No Knox! No Knox!"
January 27th 11:19 a.m.
I know y'all are having fun, but I'm getting sweet kisses and smiles. He loves his Moma Amy!!!!!
January 27th 1:02 p.m.
Well we had a lunch guest! Poppy came and sat with us during his lunch. Knox loved it. Jerry would pick him up and sit him on his knee. Knox would lean over and put his head on Jerry and grin at him.
January 28th 9:00 a.m.
Well we have been at Granny's and now we are back at my house. Knox is riding the horse. It is beside the basket that has diapers in it so he rides a little bit then he plunders in the diapers for a whle. He hasn't figured out how to get off so he just flops out and rolls over in the floor.
January 28th 9:07 a.m.
In true Houston form, Knox just pooted on me when I was changing his diaper.
(It's moments like these that made us giggle so hard!)
January 28th 6:40 p.m.
What's up?!?! We had another good day. Knox slept about two hours at nap time. He was a sweet boy. I only had to spank him once. Ha ha. He did me a big ole poop before Nana came to get him. He wanted to give me a present before he left. I could squeeze him to death.
January 29th 9:20 a.m.
Knoxiepoo is napping. I'm fixing me some breakfast. It's sleeting outside.
January 29th 1:45 p.m.
I'm sad!!!!! :( Knox is gone!!! Virgil came and got him! Weather is getting a little worse. Gracemarie got out at noon and Booneville got out at 1:00 I think. He has been a sweetheart this week. I'm gonna miss him. I wish I could see his face when y'all get home.
As soon as we were leaving Mobile, I called Nana. Knox was awake and wanting to talk, so I happily had a conversation with him. He repeated after Nana and said, "Nana. Grandaddy. Dog. Woof woof. Lucky. Hot."

Hours later, Knox obviously convinced Kirk to let him borrow his cell phone. He wanted to send me a few texts.

January 30th 10:40 a.m.
Gtmtgmgmj
January 30th 10:45 a.m.
Gajgmgjgk
January 30th 10:47 a.m.
Jgtdat
January 30th 10:49 a.m.
Gmtmgatm
January 30th 10:52 a.m.
Tttgpmj

Our reunion wasn't exactly what I had thought it would be, but I wouldn't change a thing. It didn't take long for the tears to start coming down. I couldn't believe how much he had changed in just one week!

We've had a wonderful time catching up and trying to get back on our usual schedule. That may take a while, but hopefully we'll get there. We are so very thankful for the wonderful people who took such great care of Knox and who have completely spoiled our precious son.


3 comments:

The Gapens said...

It looks like he had a wonderful time while y'all were gone, but I can promise you that he was super excited to see y'all!

I love his precious wave! I can't believe he's about to be 1!!!!

Glad y'all are home safe. Love you

Crystel said...

Sounds like you and your cute little boy both had good vacations! I know you are happy to have him back though. :)

The Robertsons said...

Isn't it sad that they really can survive without us? I hope you enjoyed your trip and didn't worry about him too much.