Friday, January 8, 2010

Knox's First Snow

We awoke yesterday to see our yard covered with snow! We stayed indoors and just admired the view most of the morning. After Knox's nap and loading up half of our belongings, we headed over to Nana & Grandaddy's to go play!

Knox won't keep gloves on, so I knew his playtime in the snow wouldn't last very long.

"Nana, that stuff is all over your yard, too!"


"You coming, Uncle Jack?"

"You better kiss me before you put me down!"

"Let me touch it real quick."

"Geez, Louise! This is COLD!"

"Do y'all LIKE this stuff?!"

"I just like having an audience!"

"Let me see if it makes my right hand cold, too."

"Yep! Left again?"

"That's it! I want out of this cold stuff!!"

"NOW!!!"
I'm almost certain he'll wear gloves next time!
We went inside the house and took most of his clothes off him. It didn't take any time for him to go straight for the magnets!
"Finally! Warmth!"

"K stands for Knox!"

"Let's stay in here all day!"

"We can? Really? Yippee!!"

"It's hard to clap with magnets in my hands!"

"May I have a bite of that snowball please?"

"Mmmm. That feels good!"


"It's MINE now!!!"

"Uh oh! Part of the snowball died!"

"I'll go for a ride as long as the magnets stay put."


"Yummy!!! Snow cream is delicious!"

"I like that cold, white stuff now!"

"More! More! More!"

"Don't make me keep banging, Uncle Jack!"
More...NOW!"
The snow hasn't melted yet, so we might go back out in it today, but we will only if Knox will put on his gloves. But as of right now, he's perfectly fine playing inside our warm home!

3 comments:

The Robertsons said...

I was going to ask if he put the snow in his mouth, but I see he did that after getting back inside. He has grown so much.

The Gapens said...

Knox,

Your momma always says that she hasn't done near what Reed has in his lifetime, so I want you to know that you've done something that Reed & his Momma have never done....EAT SNOW CREAM!

Was it yummy?

By the way, Uncle Chris loves your wave!

We love you,

The Gapens

Kimberly Whitley Bingham said...

Precious pictures! Loooks like he loved he snow cream. Thanks for sharing!