Monday, January 4, 2010

Eleven Months Old

Knox is eleven months old today, and he is more fun than ever! Every day is a new adventure with him.

Knox is a great helper, especially with small projects around the house...

but unfortunately, he doesn't share well with others.
He is a very curious little boy.

He does not like wet cement on his hands, so we had to settle with footprints. He turns his left foot in, so the stepping stone turned out perfectly! (I'm planning on doing one each year.)
He loves Uncle Jack and hanging out with the big boys.

He loves spaghetti (and having permission to make a mess).
Before

During







After

Knox has grown so much recently!
Weight - During his last doctor's visit, he weighed 26 pounds. (We still do not own marital-problem-causing scales.)
Height - We measure his height based on what he can reach. He can now open our front door, and he can easily pull things off the dining room table, the kitchen table, our end tables, and our nightstands. His next accomplishment will be reaching the buttons on our television. (We're not looking forward to that.)
Update - Friday, January 8 - mission accomplished!

Other fun facts:
~Several weeks ago, I finally gave in and packed up all of his bottles. This was not an easy task for me to do, because I don't want to face the reality that our baby is growing up.
~He still has his paci, but he knows he can only have it in his car seat and in his bed.
~When he began crawling, the sound of a toilet flushing startled him. We learned that as long as you told him, "I'm going to flush the toilet. 1, 2, 3..." he was fine. Since he has been pulling up, he likes to watch the toilet flush, but most of all, now he loves flushing the toilet. Lesson learned last week: make sure all toilet paper actually flushes.
~He is still fascinated by magnets. Our front door is metal, so he spends a lot of his time there playing.
~He is very friendly. He thinks everyone should speak to him and wave at him the moment eye contact is made.
~He is very talkative. He speaks in complete sentences. Unfortunately, we can't understand his language.
~He loves to make funny faces and snort.
~He loves his brother. No one can make him giggle as much as Peyton does.
~He loves screws, rivets, nails, and any other type of fastener.
~He is very close to walking. His balance improves every day. I'm afraid he's going to take those first steps any day now. Once he starts, he'll never stop.
Our baby boy is growing up way too fast!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the stepping stone idea! I wish I had thought of that! May have to start that tradition this spring!
Reed's Lala

The Gapens said...

Knox - Slow down! I'm not ready for you to turn one yet.

Stepping stone idea - very creative!

Spaghetti pictures - priceless!

That precious grin - melts my heart!

Love y'all

Kristen said...

He is sooo cute! Love the spaghetti pictures!