Saturday, February 6, 2010

Knox's First Birthday Party

We celebrated Knox's birthday today with our family and friends! We had a party at our church from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.

Right before the party began, Daddy took Knox riding around town so he could catch a quick nap. When they arrived at the party, Knox was greeted by several smiling faces.
His big day began with some balloon-chasing with his buddy, Grady. Knox and Grady are a little over a week apart, and they are so sweet with each other!


Moma Amy, Gracemarie, Alicia, and Lilly could only party with us for a short time, so we let Knox open his presents from them.

"This bag's for me?!"
-Nani, Knox, and Lexi

"Moma, I better hold on to you for this one!"

"I think there's more in here!"

Knox and Moma Amy

Bouncing buddies
-Knox, Grady, and Hayden

Hayden was ready to get out :)

Since the majority of the people had arrived, Daddy blessed the food and we began eating. Knox sat in his high chair like a big boy and chowed down, while entertaining his guests. He had a plate full of some of his favorite foods: puffs, chocolate chip cookies, Cheez-Its , mini marshmallows, Goldfish, animal crackers, and Chex Mix.

"I would say 'Hi' but my mouth is too full!"

Next, we stripped the birthday boy down to his diaper (and socks). We all sang Happy Birthday to him, while I gave him his smash cake. This is the moment when Knox realized that birthday parties are totally awesome!!!

The cake for the guests

Knox's smash cake
BEFORE







Knox is not really "in" to anything. He does recognize Mickey Mouse. He likes to watch certain shows such as Handy Manny and Imagination Movers, especially because of their songs. He does like dogs, wheels, screws, and cups, but other than that, he just plays with anything and everything.

However, he loves balls, and I enjoy "playing ball" with him. He squeals with delight when he succeeds in rolling the ball to me, and he still thinks it's hilarious when I roll it to him.
Because of his love for balls, we chose to go with the sports-themed First All Star birthday party.

Usually when you say, "Touchdown!"Knox will throw both hands into the air - just as the referees do, to signal a touchdown has been made. It is priceless.

Daddy obviously thought it was appropriate to yell, "Touchdown!" while Knox was eating his cake.




Knox's smash cake
AFTER

Knox wasn't finished eating his cake when I took it away, but luckily for him, there was still plenty on his high chair and on him to last for several more minutes.

Hayden and Knox

We decided the best clean-up method was a trip to the kitchen sink.


Knox loved it until I sprayed cold water on him. Oops!

"Yikes!! That's COLD!!!!"

Daddy dried off Knox and got him dressed again. Then it was present time!







Peyton showed Knox how to operate his new four-wheeler

"This is C-O-O-L!"
-Patience, Knox, and Lexi

"Vroom! Vroom!"
Knox doing his best four-wheeler impression

"I can do it all by myself! Yea!"

Knox finished up his party with a little slinky time with Uncle Brad.

Attending the big event were:
-Daddy, Moma, and Peyton
-Grandma
-Poppy, Granny, and Aunt Barbie
-Grandaddy, Nana, and Uncle Jack
-Pop, Nani, Aunt Candice, and Lexi
-Uncle Brad, Aunt Trish, Kyle, Daniel, Easton, and Luke
-Uncle Michael, Aunt Shelley, and Katelyn
-Moma Amy, Gracemarie, Alicia, and Lilly
-Pappaw and Mammaw
-Alexia and Grady
-Amy and Hayden
-Amy and Patience
-Betty Gale and Kenny
-Christi, Shaylea, and Kyra
-Jeremy and Whitney
-and the birthday boy, Knox!

Knox had a very busy, fun-filled day. After a short nap, we went to Peyton and Uncle Jack's basketball tournament. Knox enjoyed visiting with his grandparents, great-grandparents, Aunt Candice, Lexi, and Patience during the ballgames.
Afterwards, Daddy, Peyton, Knox, Grandma, and I went to Tupelo. Grandaddy and Uncle Jack joined us for supper.
When we finally returned home, Knox played with his new Caterpillar ride-on toy.
After a diaper change...excuse me...after a clothing and diaper removal, he had an even bigger time!
"I can strike a pose & press the horn at the same time!"

No comment necessary.
Knox had SO much fun today! It was a wonderful day spent with family and friends who are so dear to us!

7 comments:

The Gapens said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Knox!

We hate we couldn't be there to join in on the fun, but we are so thrilled that you had a wonderful birthday and awesome party!

I absolutely love the cake pictures. "Touchdown!" I also LOVE the naked pictures. I must ask...did he pee on his new Cars chair?

We love you so much and are thrilled we were able to spend some time with you on your 1st birthday, even though it was in a hospital room!

Love,

The Gapens

Tina said...

Thanks, Gapens! Knox loves all of you, too.
He did NOT pee on the chair. He had a great time on it though! I love Peyton's facial expression in the picture.

The Robertsons said...

Happy 1st birthday! What a fun party!

Crystel said...

So cute! I love the pictures with his smash cake! He looks like a little smurf! He's adorable!

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, Tina. Thank you for your sweet comment!

Anonymous said...

Well, I thought the smash cake was the best until I saw his nudie boodie!!! Too cute.
Reed and Chase's Lala

The Martins said...

We had a great time Knox. Glad you had an awesome 1st birthday.

THE CHITTOMS said...

Tina, I loved the post... his party looked like it went great.

Also, I love the little nudey bootey pictures; little boys prefer no clothes :).