Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mom Update (& much more) - 32 weeks, 4 days

Time is continuously flying by, right before our eyes. We can't believe we'll get to meet Knox next month!

December was full for us - full of traveling, full of parties & get-togethers, full of excitement, and even full of scares.

This year, I am the chairperson over the Welfare Committee in Junior Auxiliary. Our biggest project is the annual Wish Tree. I began working on organizing and preparing for our giveaway several months before December. There were many, many nights that Daddy and I were up entirely too late working. Our giveaway was Friday, December 12th (29 weeks). Boy were we proud when that was over! It was such a tremendous blessing, but it was also a lot of work! We ended up providing gifts for 252 children in our county.

In the midst of all that, I sang (and Daddy ran the spotlight) in the Christmas presentation at our church that same weekend. Trying to be at church for rehearsals and trying to make sure everything for the Wish Tree was going smoothly (all while trying to remain sane) was very difficult. Daddy and I decided that when Wish Tree and the Christmas program were over, I was going to have to start getting more rest. That sounded like a great plan to me... until... Sunday, December 14, when Daddy discovered his racecar trailer had been broken into. Many of his tools and some of his most prized possessions were stolen. I can't even describe the way we felt. Daddy was obviously upset, but trying to go to sleep that night was incredibly hard. The police have found a few of the items, and we are thankful to have those back. We know we'll probably never see any of the other stuff again. While we hated this happened, we were still thankful it was at the shop and not our house.

My next scare came on Tuesday, December 23 (30 weeks, 4 days), when I was on my way to work. I started going over a bridge, and I lost control of the truck. It wasn't until I was spinning, jerking, and twisting in the middle of the road (and a huge cup of chocolate milk had spilled/splattered all over that passenger's side) that I realized the bridge was iced over. I was really shook up bad over it, but after a phone call to Daddy, I felt much better. We were so thankful and so grateful that nothing worse happened. It actually took me quite a while to get over it. I knew I needed to get better, or Knox was never going to settle down. My neck ended up being a little sore the next day, but it was nothing major. But you better believe I check all the bridges daily!

It feels like we went to more Christmas parties/get-togethers this year than we ever have before. We were constantly going somewhere or doing something the entire month. We did stop long enough to take a few pictures. : )


Knox is already loved by so many, and they are spoiling him already! He got several Christmas presents. One of my favorite things was a monogrammed bath wrap. It is adorable!As if all the Christmas functions weren't enough, we also got Knox's room ready! I really regret not taking before pictures, but I did take a few during pics. We still have a few things we want to do to his room before he makes his grand debut, but for the most part, it's ready.

During: After:

We ended December by celebrating with some friends on New Year's Eve...

And last, but not least, an update on Mom...
I'm still doing good. Knox is just getting a little too strong! He's becoming a stout little fellow, so he's hurting me a little bit. But I don't want to complain; I know it will be worth it in the end. I am still having many more good days than bad. It's becoming more difficult to get comfortable at night, but no fear, we're still getting plenty of sleep. Most of all, I still feel so blessed!

3 comments:

The Gapens said...

I loved this post! Thanks for the update...finally!

Knox's room looks awesome! I can't wait to come see it. You are almost on the final countdown. I can't wait to meet little stout Knox! :)

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

wow...you can tell he has dropped!!! i'm soooo excited for you guys:) the arrival won't be long now. if you're not busy one night...i want to come see the house...and bring you his gift that i have had forever now:):)

Caroline Buntz said...

I have been watching the blog for the update on how Knox and his Mommie are doing. Now I know. All we need is Knox in his other bedroom. love, aye, Reed's Grammie