Today was the last of our biweekly appointments. Daddy and I are both so excited, yet nervous, that the big day is just around the corner!
We had another great appointment today. My blood pressure was 122/72. Knox's heart rate was in the 160's. I have gained 8 pounds since our last appointment. Honestly, I was shocked. I was really shocked. Daddy and I had to laugh about it, and we figured out I gained 0.571 pounds a day in the last two weeks. Ha! We are such nerds! : )
My fundal measurement was 37 centimeters, which is still larger than it should be, but it's nothing to worry about. After all, we've already been told we'd have a big baby.
We were almost ready to leave when we asked our doctor how much she thinks Knox weighs right now. Much to our surprise, we were able to get a sonogram to see.
I have always loved going to the doctor, because I love checking on Knox. But I had forgotten how much I love sonograms! It is such a joy to be able to see him! He is already turned properly, and he seems to be doing great!
But right from the start, the tech was commenting on how we're going to have a big baby. None of this was really registering in my head (or Daddy's) until she began telling us that I was measuring 38 weeks. And then came the time for her to tell us how much Knox weighs right now....
7 pounds and 8 ounces
Holy cow! Is she serious?!
We thought Knox would weigh 8 pounds when he was born. We've still got 4 weeks and 2 days to go! Needless to say, the 8 pound "guesstimate" has now been increased to 9 1/2 pounds.
Throughout the pregnancy, all I've ever hoped for was a healthy baby. I'm so tickled that there's a really large chance that Knox will be healthy!
Truth be known, I'm actually pretty scared, too, but I know God is in control.
Daddy says we better start packing our bags now. He's not so sure Knox is going to wait 4 more weeks. We'll find out more next Wednesday, February 4th, at 12:45 p.m.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm so glad you and Knox got a great report! I hope he doesn't wait 4 more weeks and 2 days! I'm so ready to meet him!
Love you guys!
So good. My mother's generation thought any baby not 9 pounds or over was a skinny little baby. Just think what a sweet 7 pounder or 9 pounder you are getting ready to love and kiss on. love, Caroline
he is so coming early!!!! Big baby= healthy baby.. im so excited. love yall
Post a Comment