Thursday, June 4, 2009

Four Months Old

Knox is four months old today!

He enjoys:
  • being outdoors
  • being sung to and talked to
  • being naked
  • fresh, clean diapers
  • playtime in the ExerSaucer
  • standing up (with assistance)
  • taking a bath
  • after-bath playtime with Daddy
  • trying to sit up
  • torturing his animals on the bouncy seat (I have a feeling they will be ripped off soon)
  • and last but not least, eating and sleeping

He does not enjoy:

  • his gums hurting
  • his new pacifiers (only newborns work)
  • the sound of envelopes ripping (NO idea why)
  • smiling for the camera
  • waiting

He is still sleeping all night, and he takes a nap every morning and every afternoon. No watches or clocks are needed at night. He lets us know when it's 9:00, which is his bedtime. As of right now, he still does not require anything to assist with his going to sleep. We simply lay him in his crib*. (That is such a blessing.) *Some nights require frequent pacifier insertion for several minutes.

Knox is loads of fun. I really enjoy our playtime each day. I love to see his eyes light up when he discovers something new or hears a new sound he has made. During our "talktime," I prop him up on my legs, but he usually insists on doing crunches (trying to sit up). During tummy time I can put a toy in front of him, put my hand on the bottom of his feet, and he can push himself closer to the toy. He is also doing a great job of reaching for something and holding on to it. Seeing him reach his goals is so heartwarming!

He wore his new shades at the baseball tournament last weekend. He was one cool dude!

Knox "Biker Dude" Houston


Throwing a fit with Poppy and Nana


Sucking his thumb
(He hasn't quite figured out that it works easier if he makes a fist)

This looks sweet, but in reality Knox is looking at himself in Daddy's glasses
Soooo vain!












3 comments:

Kimberly Whitley Bingham said...

Looks like Benji is gonna be in the baseball business for a while! Love the picture in his shades with his lips stuck out. Too Cute!

The Menetres said...

He is adorable....I can't believe how big our boys are..and I think he looks like his mama!!!

The Gapens said...

I love the new sunglasses. He looks like a stud! He has the most precious grin and an adorable laugh. I enjoyed every minute with him Thursday.