Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Having fun at 10 months old

Poor little Knox is going to be sick of basketball games soon, but as of right now, he's hanging in there just fine with us! We went to watch basketball games five days last week, and the other two days were spent at church.

He had a great time last Tuesday when his cousin Katelyn came to watch Uncle Jack play. Knox was so excited to see her!
Grandaddy, Knox, Katelyn, and Uncle Michael


Sweet Grant wanted his picture taken, too.

Knox stole Uncle Michael's cap.
Notice the slobber on the bill.

Knox got to try his first picklesickle.
He didn't really make a big deal out of it.

In the past, I was using a finger toothbrush on Knox's teeth. He often watches Daddy and I brush our teeth, and sometimes he convinces us to let him use our toothbrushes. We decided it was time for his own big boy toothbrush. He couldn't be happier! His pearly whites are being well taken care of now!




We put our Christmas tree up Saturday night. Knox was all up in the action! And so far, the tree is still standing. There are no decorations on the bottom half, but it's still pretty and still serves the purpose.
We're not really sure what he was saying, but we're certain he knows!


Daddy and I dropped a gold leaf in the floor, and Handy Dandy Knox picked it up for us. We assumed it would go straight into his mouth, but that sweet boy placed it on the tree!! We were quite proud!
Daddy was holding some poinsettia flowers, and of course Knox took them from him. He was too caught up in the moment to realize he was standing up, all by himself, without touching anything else! Daddy and I praised him a little too much, so he lowered himself and sat down. I was just thrilled to have finally captured it on camera!

Sunday afternoon, we went to Uncle George & Aunt Ozie's house to have ice cream and cake in honor of Gracemarie's 11th birthday. Knox had a great time visiting with family.


Cousin Eddie and Knox

Great Aunt Ozie showed Knox her dancing snowman


Great Uncle George and Knox


Knox had wrestling matches with the snowman

Knox trying to sweet talk Levi into giving him some pizza

Gracemarie, Levi, and Knox (eating Levi's pizza)

Knox LOVED Lilly's little chair!!


I was in a hurry yesterday, so I did not want Knox to get in the shower with me. I couldn't figure out how I was going to keep him distracted while I showered until I decided to give him a small bowl of Lucky Charms.

I was very surprised at how quickly he ate all of them. When we were leaving the bathroom, I found where all the missing marshmallows were.

I took Knox to his very first Christmas parade last night. While we were waiting on Daddy to join us, I let Knox play with my radio, steering wheel, radar detector, and any other buttons he could find. He was thrilled beyond words! He snorted several times and squealed in delight! I had intentions on him wearing his cute little Santa hat and bib that Poppy and Granny gave him at Thanksgiving, but this Santa hat wasn't made for babies with big heads like Knox!




When the parade finally made its way to us, we wrapped Knox up and headed out to the street. Overall, he was not phased by much at all. He did enjoy the drums of the bands, and occasionally something would catch his eye, but otherwise he just stared at everything.




We've got a busy month ahead of us, but hopefully we'll stop and cherish each moment we share together!

6 comments:

The Gapens said...

I absolutely LOVED this post!

Knox - Way to go! We are so proud of you for standing up all by yourself.

I literally laughed out loud at the Santa hat. Too funny! Don't worry Knox, Reed has a big head too!

The Lucky Charms on the booty was too cute. He's such a little ham!

Knox - we hope to see you at the basketball game Monday!

We love you!

The Martins said...

Cute, cute....I can't believe how big our boys are getting.

THE CHITTOMS said...

He is so precious, Tina! I love the picture of him standing by himself (I go way overboard with excitement when I am proud of my boys also) and I love the one where he was wrestling with the snowman :)! Y'all are such a sweet family!

Donna Reese said...

Love the pictures. You are blessed by your precious angel Knowx. The only thing I see wrong is that you arent any many of them Tina. lol Just kidding. I love them all and you guys to.

The Gapens said...

Love the videos! I loved the fact that Knox didn't want to let go of his toothbrush. Reed & I have a deal: I brush first, then he can have it. We take turns!

He sure was having a conversation with his Daddy. I think he was talking to him about that funny green thing in the living room. I love it when they discover new things.

Love all of you!

Anonymous said...

I am catching up. What a great picture of him snorting. Doesn't that just crack you up!!!! He does it so well, too. I wish I could open the viedos but I can't on any of them. Bummer. Grandmama