Reality came this morning when Knox wimpered. He woke up earlier than usual, but it was only because he didn't feel good. His cough had worsened, and his nose was running. I decided we'd just take it easy for a while. We watched cartoons and played a little bit. I even talked to him about Christmas, and why we celebrate it. I told Jesus Happy Birthday, and Knox smiled. Afterwards, we took a quick shower, and then finally, it was time for presents!
Peyton carried Knox into the living room, where all of the gifts were stashed.
After setting Knox down, Peyton went after his gifts.
My visual was correct! We really did have a beautiful boy opening presents and beaming from ear-to-ear, stuff scattered all over the living room, and exclamations of joy filling the air.
The problem was, there was just one boy.
Knox was not interested.
He did like the tunnel. But he really only liked it when he was chasing Peyton. He played more with my toothbrush than he did anything. Daddy opened his gifts for him, and still to this moment, Knox still has unopened gifts sitting under the tree.
He did love the puffs. But he only ate a few handfuls, which we assume is because his throat still hurt.
He did try on his new KISS t-shirt and modeled it with glee.
He did enjoy storytime with Daddy and Peyton, while Daddy tried to read Knox's new book.
He did play with the Caterpillar toy. The playtime only lasted a few short minutes though.
He didn't get overly excited about anything.
He didn't care what was going on.
He didn't squeal with delight.
He wanted a nap.
My visual was not like reality, but I wouldn't change it for anything. We had two beautiful boys, at home with us, together.
We made memories.
And they are perfect.

3 comments:
Bless his heart. I hope he feels better. Love Yall!
It looks like a wonderful Christmas for both of your boys. We hope Knox feels better!
Merry Christmas!
Peyton is such a great big brother. Knox is one lucky little boy!
The Kiss t-shirt rocks! I'm sure his Daddy was behind that one. Since Knox has been wearing pink and using a pom pom lately, I think Daddy should dress him up as Gene Simmons, including a wig and black/white makeup!
Rock on, Knox!
Post a Comment