Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree!

My dear friend, Amber, came by to bring Knox his very first Christmas ornament! It was so sweet watching him open it; he really was excited about it!

"What is this?"

"Is it really for me?!"

"Let me just take a peek."

"Oh, Amber! I love it!!
Let's open it together!"

Love that sweet grin!


Jumping for joy!

It definitely received Knox's taste of approval!

Knox was playing with Reed's musical table when he finally decided it was time to explore the Christmas tree! Thankfully, the camera was nearby to capture the action.
"I wonder if I can reach that red ball."

"Here goes nothing!"

"Got it!!!!"

Mommy had to take the red ornament away from him, because his sharp little teeth were damaging it. The red balls belonged to Grandmother Gapen. He doesn't understand colors, but I never would have believed that! I told him he could play with a gold ornament, but no red ones. That little stinker went looking for a gold ornament and found one! (We only thought the ornaments were out of his reach!)
Standing up looking for his next victim

Going for the gold





Look at that drool!



He was occupied for a while!
Later that day, we went to play in Knox's bedroom. He found the puffs in his diaper bag. (He is a professional at removing lids with his teeth. ) I guess he was a little hungry!


He just couldn't quite get his pinkies in there.

Thinking for just a second...

Oh yeah! Just dump the whole thing in the floor!
And now a little video of Daddy and Knox hard at play...
How can you say no to THAT?!! Gotta love that bottom lip!!

6 comments:

The Martins said...

Oh I loved the video. Don't you just love how they know how to work your emotions at such a young age. :)

The McCafferty's said...

He is too cute! Our tree hasn't stood a chance this year either. Do you have any of the snack cups? They are a life saver for us. Ruthie always wanted to get her puffs herself and still is that way with all food. They have a lid that she can reach her hand in and get the food out. However, it collapses back so that the food will not spill while they are carrying it around.

The Gapens said...

Love it! He's so smart. I'm impressed that he can pull up using the tree, and it doesn't fall down!

Knox - you sure do have one cool Daddy! He's so much fun!

Reed loved the video. He said "I watch it again!" So, we are going back to watch it again. Love y'all

Tina said...

Amy, they are just too smart!

Thanks, Marcie! My nephew had snack cups, and I'm so glad you reminded me about them. We'll definitely have to get some!

Erin, the tree hasn't fallen down YET! We'll be lucky if it survives until Christmas!

So far...
number of broken ornaments: 1

THE CHITTOMS said...

He is just way too cute! It looks like you guys have so much fun and that he has a great little personality! I love his precious little outfit with the train and I loved all of the pictures :)!

Anonymous said...

Last but not least.... found the blog. Lois sent it to me but I got the rainbow and that shuts everything down. I love the way he analyzed how to get what he wanted, Have a wonderful Christmas time. Grandmama