Knox has been one busy dude lately! The weather has been absolutely beautiful, so we have been getting him out a lot more. We still don't really take him to public places, but Knox has been all over our yard, the neighborhood, and this town. He usually doesn't even know we've left the house, since he still sleeps all the time. We've done a little more campaigning for Grandaddy, supported Levi & the Royals baseball team, watched Peyton's baseball practices, supervised Daddy working in the yard, sat on the front porch just enjoying the weather, and even went for a ride on the golf cart. We also got to watch cousin Kyle play baseball for a little bit last night. (Knox has to stay in the truck at most places, but he doesn't seem to mind.)
From the day we brought Knox home from the hospital, he has been a great rider. We've been to Tupelo a few times, and we went to Ripley yesterday. He rarely ever makes a sound. I carried him to Tupelo by myself last Wednesday, and I had no trouble at all while we were traveling. (While we were there is another story. See below.)
Mom's Six Week Checkup
Knox and I went to my doctor's office last Wednesday for my six week checkup. As I mentioned above, Knox was a perfect little angel on the way there. He was even silent in the waiting room. But the moment I put his car seat down to get on the scale, everyone in the office knew he had arrived. (He must know how much I despise scales.) I ended up having to give him a bottle, and afterwards one of the sweet nurses became his personal babysitter. At least with a crying child, the doctor sees you immediately. We could hear him crying just about the entire time. It broke my heart listening to him, but at least he wasn't screaming. (He's got a temper on him.) I got a great report, but I had to go back Monday...umm...to make sure we don't have another Knox anytime soon. But this time, Knox stayed at home with Daddy. My doctor gave me a hard time for not bringing him back with me. I have to go back again in April, and she told me I had to bring him next time. (We'll see about that one.) On Monday, I was only two pounds over my starting pregnancy weight. For once in my life, I actually liked the scales. However, the mirror tells a different story.
Knox's Night Out
Last Friday night, Knox was a big boy and spent the night with Nana & Grandaddy! My brother and I both stayed with Grandmother Gapen when we were six weeks old, so Nana thought it was only fair to continue the tradition with Knox. (She has a way of conning me into doing things.) Daddy and I thought we would enjoy a night out together. We thought wrong! Out of all the places we could go, we ended up eating dinner in Jumpertown. Then after we ate, we had the bright idea to rent a movie. It sounded good, but both of us fell asleep during the movie. At 2:00 a.m. we finally went to our bed. Nana called a little before 7:00 a.m. stating Knox was out of milk, so we went to pick him up. (I sent an extra bottle, just in case, but I should have known to send a few more. I jokingly asked Nana if they put a bottle in his mouth every time he whimpered. She laughed and said yes. I really think she was serious.) Knox was just as content as he could be over there. He did really good, and we were proud of him (and ourselves, too).

5 comments:
I love the picture of Knox in his Mommy's hand. Too precious! I am so ready to see him again.
Love you!
Great post. Love the new pictures. Im so proud of you and benjie for letting him stay the night with Nana and Grandaddy. Im sure it was hard.. and it doesn't get any easier. LOL. Katelyn is saying Knox now. We will have to come play soon. love ya
Tina he is just precious :)! I love all of his sweet pictures!!! I am so glad y all are doing so well!!!
The pictures are great! I'm so glad I got to see him at the park even if he did poop wit I was holding him :) That definitely wasn't the first time that's happened. I'm glad your checkup when good. Did Knox get his shots today? Talk to you soon.
Love You!
I am so glad that your checkup went well.And I am glad that Knox had a good night with Nana. You needed the rest. Love the new pictures. He just gets sweeter and sweeter in every picture.
Post a Comment