- Being held
- Being talked to
- Listening to music - whether it be a song or just his Mommy singing or humming (Jesus Loves Me works wonders when his belly is hurting!)
- Cuddling up in his Boppy pillow
- Sitting in his bouncer
- Hanging out on his monkey gym or NASCAR activity pad
- Sucking on his pacifier - He can already pull it out of his mouth very well, and he even tries to put it in his mouth if he sees it. (Smart kid!)
I have finally mastered clipping his fingernails, so he gets to have his hands out most of the time now. I love watching him using his hands, whether he's holding something, making a fist, touching his face, or stretching his fingers. It's adorable to see, mostly because his fingers are so long.
Mom Update - I went today for my follow-up IVP. My urine was clear AND my x-rays were fine! Praise the Lord! My kidneys seem to be functioning well, and I do not appear to have any blockages. I was SO thankful to get a good report today.
To prep for the IVP, I had to drink magnesium citrate last night. During the IVP, they inserted dye into an IV. Due to all of this, Knox will be on formula until I can resume pumping again, which will be at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow. We just gave him his first bottle of formula a few minutes ago. He does not seem to be very happy, although he has had formula before. (He had some formula while he was in the NICU, and we have given him two bottles of formula at home.) The difference now is he MUST take the formula. Please pray that he does fine with it.
If we see that he ends up doing better with his belly on formula, we will just give him formula from here on out. Since I have elimated the things from my diet, Knox seems to be doing much better. He does still have problems with his tummy hurting, but they are not near what they were before.
Also, Peyton has been sick off and on this whole month. He now has the flu, so he has been staying at his mother's. We miss him terribly, and we are ready for him to get better so he can come home. Please pray for him to get well soon & very soon!
And now, here's some pictures of our precious son...
Knox's impression of Elvis Presley
Get that camera out of my face, NOW!
Sweet dreams, Baby Boy...

7 comments:
AWWWW....he is growing soooo fast. I am so glad your test came back with good news...that's GREAT!!! I can't wait to see you guys again...soon I hope. I'm just waiting on everybody in my family to get well...so I will be sure to bring anything in on you guys. Tell Knox I said Happy 1 month old:)
Sorry...I meant NOT to bring anything in on you guys!!! HA I know you caught that quick:)
1 Month Old already!!! It's crazy how fast time flies!
Isn't it amazing that babies automatically know that 'Jesus Loves Me' is a great song? I used to sing it to Reed when he was upset, and he would always quit crying. God is so good!
I'm so glad that you got a great report at the doctor. Praise the Lord! Love you
So glad that you are both doing well. Can't beleive that he is a month old already! He's a doll!
LOVE the Elvis pic...haha!
I am very blessed. One of my dearest friends from the time she was 2 years old has a son born March 6 th, I went to see him today, to hold him and get a little loving. So sweet to see him reaching for me. I thought of you, Knox. You are probably doing the same thing. Making sweet little noises and trying sooo hard to talk. I could feel holding him how it would feel to cuddle you. I will watch both of you grow.
He is so precious. I know he and Hayden will be the best of buds. They have no choice but to be. LOL. Can't wait to see ya'll again.
Post a Comment