Daddy held Knox's hands while he was getting the shots. Of course he screamed and my heart instantly broke into pieces. I had to walk behind Daddy and just hug him. I couldn't look. But it was only a matter of seconds before the nurse told Daddy to pick Knox up and hold him. The moment Daddy put him in his arms, Knox immediately calmed down. (That made me cry, too!)
I don't want to jinx us, but Knox has done really, really well. We have both been so surprised and so proud.
The doctor seemed very shocked at how well Knox is growing. I think that was her nice way of saying he's fat. :) Today he weighed 11 pounds and 5 ounces (50th percentile) and was 21 1/2 inches long (25th percentile). His head circumference was 38 1/2 centimeters (25th percentile).
Although it is tough to admit, Knox is a little behind on some things. The doctor seemed shocked that he is not doing certain things, such as smiling in response to us smiling at him or cooing. After discussing everything with her, we all decided he's getting there...he just needs a little more time. He is more alert now, and he will turn his head occasionally to look at whoever is talking to him. He will also "follow" objects with his eyes, but not for long. (I think he's just lazy like his mommy.)
The doctor burned his belly button some more today with a silver nitrate stick. She said it was looking a lot better, and I can definitely tell a difference tonight. Hopefully we'll get that healed soon. (It's not pretty.)
We also talked about my diet. I still can't eat spicy foods, but I can slowly begin introducing other things. What better way to introduce dairy than with a big chocolate milkshake from Finney's? Oh it was so delicious! Thanks, Doc! Now I have to just continue discipling myself. No pain, no gain, right?
Now on to the photos...
I rode in the back seat beside Knox on the way to Tupelo. I was discussing with him what we were going to be doing. He looked at me like...
Tell Daddy to turn this truck around now!
After we left the doctor's office, we stopped to eat (and get that milkshake). When we were headed back home, I looked over at Knox & he was just grinning and grinning.
Those shots can't stop me!
As soon as we got home, I began my normal routine. When I finished washing the bottles, I walked in the living room to find this...
Last night, the family was being silly so we decided to take a few pictures. Knox didn't think it was too funny, but we sure had a good time. Although most people won't consider these "good" pictures, I know that one of these days we'll surely be able to get some laughs out of them.
This is not funny, Mommy.
Daddy looks like he's cut in half!
Which one of you said raise your left arm?
I'm raising my right 'cause I'm the boss!

6 comments:
Your pictures are so cute!!! I know the dr. appt. was torture but it sounds like Knox did great. We can't wait to see you guys in church. Hayden will keep Knox company in the nursery. The nursery by the way is getting pretty full. LOL.
Loved the family pictures! Peyton has grown so much too!
Knox - You are such a champ! We are so proud of you. You have a precious smile.
We love you,
Uncle Chris, Aunt Erin, & Reed
Your family pics are awesome! Love them! You have such a beautiful family, Tina.
Tina, I know that it is so hard to watch him get those shots. It was a long time ago but I remember how I cried. I was so afraid that they would think that I was standing there and allowing someone to hurt them. It was a horrible feeling, but we know that it has to be done.It was so good to see Knox tonight. He is gorgeous!! Those eyes are gonna get him in trouble ! ha ha Ya'll are such a sweet family!! Love you Girl !!
Cute, cute, cute! I'm glad Knox did so good. Let me know when we can babysit :)
Love you all!
I love the new header! His feet are precious, and I'm still in love with the face in the hand picture. Love you!
Post a Comment