Wednesday, February 25, 2009

3 weeks old

Our little man is three weeks old today! He is still as precious as can be, and he is still sleeping very well!

Mommy, on the other hand, is having to make lots of sacrifices. I have eliminated several (of my favorite) things from my diet including dairy products, caffeine, spicy foods, and leafy foods. That means no cereal, no Oreos and milk, no big glasses of chocolate milk, none of Ozie's homemade pimento and cheese, no sweet tea, nothing! But for this child, I'll do anything! Knox has been having a lot of gas pains, and it just breaks our hearts to see him hurting. The only solution the nurse offered was for me to eliminate those things. Hopefully this will help him.

In other news, Knox's circumcision ring finally fell off. Daddy found it in his diaper early Sunday morning. *Oh, Daddy has gotten peed on several times too! But since the ring is gone, neither one of us are getting peed on quite as much.
His belly button is almost completely cleared up. He still has a little scab on it, but other than that, it's looking great.

Knox is now eating a little over 3 ounces (90 ml) per feeding. I can tell he is definitely putting on some weight. His little chicken legs are starting to get some meat on them, and his face is definitely filling out. He even has a double chin like Mommy!

And for the record, yes - I am spoiling him. His daddy is just as guilty. But what can we say? This little fellow has us wrapped around his tiny fingers!

8 comments:

The Simpsons said...

wow.. i can't get over how much he has changed since i saw him last week. Im ready to see him again.. and its ok to spoil him. That is what children are for :) See you Friday.

Anonymous said...

Awww...he is just growing!!!! I want to see him so bad...and I do feel awful for not making it over last weekend. He deserves to be spoiled...he's too precious not to:)

Kimberly Whitley Bingham said...

He gets more beautiful with every picture!! Blue is his color!!!

The Martins said...

He has changed so much since we last saw him. Hayden is ready to have another play date. LOL.

Aunt Trish said...

OMG, his looks have changed soooo much. As soon as Luke is better I'm coming to see him so hopefully sometime this weekend! He is precious. Give him a kiss for me! Love You

The Gapens said...

What a good Mommy! I am so proud of you.

I love the picture, and I agree with everyone else...he has changed! He is beautiful!

I love you!

The Robertsons said...

You need to get a Whiz Kid. It is great for covering up that little sprayer!

Caroline Buntz said...

Knox has such a beautiful little face. It looks like he is filled with peace and contentment.