Wednesday, February 18, 2009

2 Weeks Old

Our little man is two weeks old today!

Knox enjoys:
  • Sleeping - it doesn't matter where or when. He sleeps in his bouncer, in his Pack & Play, in our bed, on Mommy or Daddy's chest, or in anyone's arms. *He slept in his Pack & Play all night last night. Daddy bought an egg crate that made it much more comfortable. We think that did the trick.
  • Eating - this child loves to eat. Knox was requiring a bottle every 2 hours or less, and it almost wore Mommy out, so we upped his feeding today. We're now at a whopping 70 ml per bottle. I have a feeling we'll be increasing it even more within the next day or two. If he's hungry, we feed him. And if we feed him, he eats.
  • Staring - when he is awake, he will just stare at whoever is holding him. It melts my heart when he looks at me.
  • Pooping - I'm not sure if he enjoys this, but he sure does it alot. He never likes the beginning stages of having his diaper changed, but once you reach a certain point, he relaxes and lets you finish with ease. I loved changing his diaper so I can see those little chicken legs. He stays cuddled up in blankets or balled up in his gowns, so changing his diaper is about the only time I get to see his legs. They are so funny looking.
  • Peeing on Mommy - I'm not sure if he enjoys doing this either, but he does it a lot, too. We are currently averaging one time a day.
  • Expelling gas - again, I don't know if he enjoys this, but he does it a lot, too. He's definitely letting the world know he is a Houston & proud of it.
  • Being held - it doesn't matter if he's asleep or awake, he always relaxes when he's being held. He's such a good cuddler, too. Sometimes his tummy hurts, but being held seems to help cure the bellyache. Right now he's asleep in Daddy's arms & is one happy camper!

Doing what he does best

Mommy ALMOST caught a grin

Soaking up everything Aunt Brooke was saying

7 comments:

The Gapens said...

I am so ready to hold and cuddle with Knox! I am staying home tomorrow, so I can make sure I am over this cold before this weekend!

It sounds like we need to buy you a wee blocker! It sure came in handy for us!

I'm just proud you have a baby that loves to sleep. Let's just hope he stays that way!

Counting down the days...love you!

Anonymous said...

An EGG CRATE!! Now that boy IS spoiled!!! lol Glad ya'll are doing good. Just keep on spoilin him!!! KIM

Anonymous said...

Knox is so adorable!!

I can't wait to fix you more pages for the scrapbook.

His picutres are perfect!!

Anonymous said...

He looks like he has grown soooo much since I seen him!!! He is BEAUTIFUL...I don't care if he his a boy...he's BEAUTIFUL:)

I hope I can get my husband over there this weekend...I can't wait to see him...and you too of course...again!!!

Micah and Callie Andersen said...

He is so adorable!!! Love that head full of hair. Haha, Gareth never peed on Micah and I but he peed on my Mom EVERYTIME she changed him. Micah and I came to the conclusion that her hands were always cold...lol

Caroline Buntz said...

I have been waiting for this and was so happy when I saw the new news. Knox, I know you are sleeping a lot to catch up and then, WOW, they won't be able to keep up with you, cb

The Robertsons said...

He is adorable! What a beautiful baby boy. I love when they smile in their sleep.