Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Welcome Home, Knox!

We are FINALLY at home with our precious son!

When I called to check on Knox yesterday, all of his reports were great. Towards the end of our conversation, the nurse told me to go ahead and pack our bags. We were uncertain whether we would actually get to stay or not, but I packed our bags just in case. I was so excited! I had to get Nana to help me because I couldn't even think straight.
Daddy, Peyton, Nana, and I took an infant CPR class, and afterwards we spoke with the nurse would confirmed we would stay the night. However, she could not guarantee when we would get to bring him home.
They brought him to our room around 9:00 p.m. It was such a joy being able to hold him and reconnect with him, without nurses and doctors all around.
We had a great, great night! Knox did very well, and his parents weren't too bad, either. : ) He was circumcised this morning, and afterwards they brought him to us again. We were discharged shortly thereafter.

We are now at home, and doing well. Knox is sleeping so peacefully. We are enjoying our time together as a family once again.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support. We really, really appreciate it. We are so thankful to have our baby boy home with us!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin sent an email telling us about what was going to happen. It is such a blessing to be able to share this wonderful time with all of you. My heart is just full of happiness when I think about all of you being at home with him in his OWN bed. God is so good. Caroline

The Gapens said...

Amen! I am so glad he is finally at home! I know the two of you are so thankful to have him at home in your arms.

Thank you so much for the good news. It made my day!

Love you!

Amber said...

We are so proud that you are all home together as a family. It made my day to know that little Knox is finally at home in your arms. He is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Awww...I'm so proud for you guys...home at last!!! That is wonderful news:) Let the spoiling begin!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Im so happy for yall! I know its exciting to have him home!Let us know if yall need anything!