Saturday, February 7, 2009

Knox Update - 2/7/09 a.m.

Mom is back & doing better and better each day! Daddy and I got home around 11 last night. It feels so good to finally be home, but I'll never be able to explain how hard it was to leave Knox at the hospital. I KNOW he is much better off there, but I cannot wait until I can hold him again. I get very emotional, very easily, so I am still not ready to share "our story" or go into any details. However, I am very happy to report that Knox is still making a lot of progress. Daddy and I are so proud of him!
At 10:00 last night, the ventilator was giving him 15 breaths per minute. He had gradually been reduced from 25 to 20, so we were proud of those 15. But we were ecstatic to find out this morning KNOX HAS BEEN TAKEN OFF THE VENTILATOR! We can't wait to go see him today!
A few other things...
They weighed him around 1:00 a.m. He now weighs 7 pounds and 7.8 ounces. The nurse said that was not bad at all.
As of 9 a.m. they have increased his feeding, even though he is not digesting all of his "food." This is also not uncommon.
Knox's bilirubin level was 13.7. The limit is 13, so he's under the lamp now. (Daddy and I were fully expecting this.)

We are so proud of how far Knox has come! I will post some pictures later this evening, and I hope to update the blog often. Please keep our little man in your prayers!

Lots of love,
Knox's Mom

P.S. Please email any pictures you have of Knox to tina_houston4@bellsouth.net

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It warmed my heart to read your blog. The Great Physician is at work, PTL. Caroline

The Gapens said...

YEAH! I am so glad to hear the good news. I love you guys!

Amber said...

That is wonderful news. We will continue to pray for Knox's recovery and for you and Benji also. Let us know if there is anything we can do.
The Janzen's

Aunt Trish said...

YEA!!! I'm so happy. I'll go and print the pictures that Benjie took right after Knox was born. I also have them on the computer so I'll go ahead and email them to you :)

The Simpsons said...

So glad to hear the good news. Im so ready to see him again. Love yall Shelley