Monday, February 16, 2009

Knox's First Checkup

Knox had his first doctor's appointment today, and I have been rejoicing ever since we left! Knox got a GREAT report, and we are so proud!
The best part of our visit was when the doctor told us, "If I had not looked at his chart, I would have had no idea he was ever in the NICU." That made us feel so good!

When Knox was discharged from the hospital on Wednesday, February 11, he weighed 7 pounds & 2 ounces and was 20.25 inches long.
Today he weighed 7 pounds & 11 ounces and was 20 inches long.

Daddy and I are proud of his weight gain, but we're slightly confused about his length.
At his birth, he was 18.25 inches - one week later he was 20.25 inches - and then five days later he was 20 inches. Needless to say, we're fully aware of the fact that everyone measures Knox a little differently. : )

Daddy and I brought up several concerns we had, but the doctor assured us Knox was just fine, and there was nothing to worry about. Although neither one of us had stressed about anything, we were still both relieved to hear that.

I was a nervous wreck in the waiting room. Sounds were amplified while we were there, and all I could hear was cough, cough, sniffle, sniffle. Daddy was holding Knox, and I told him to cover him up because I didn't want all those germs on him. Peyton probably thinks I've completely lost my mind. We have made sure our visitors washed their hands before holding Knox, and we ask anyone with any kind of sickness to please refrain from visiting since Knox's immune system is still not good. And then today we were at the doctor's office, and it seemed like we exposed him to everything. And yes, I teared up thinking about it. This parenting thing is tough stuff! : )

I have thoroughly been enjoying spending time with Knox. I still catch myself just staring at him in amazement. I love this child so much, and I love his daddy even more than I did before Knox was born. I had no idea I could love so much!


Knox strapped in ready to go to the doctor

Knox was cold, so we put his clothes ON him at the doctor's office

Pop & Nani spent Sunday afternoon with us

Daddy sleeping on the job ; )

Daddy holding Knox & his friend, Hayden Martin

And last, but definitely not least, Knox taking a bath. We PROMISE he actually liked it after he figured out what was going on - and we REALLY PROMISE the camera angle is horrible & Daddy is NOT choking him - nor is Daddy's hand really as big as Knox - but the picture was too funny not to share...

6 comments:

The Gapens said...

Loved the post! I have so many things to say that I don't even know where to begin.

1. I love the bath picture, especially the BHR Racing sticker! Too cute!

2. I am thrilled that Knox got a great report. That is awesome! God is so Good!

3. I also seem to notice that you are taking after me...No pictures of Mommy! We want to see your beautiful face too. Although, I can't say anything.

4. I am praying hard that I get better by this weekend because I am so ready to hold him again!

I love you!

The Simpsons said...

Love all the pictures.. but the carseat picture is my favorite. I am so glad that he is doing great. We will call you this week to drop by and see him. Katelyn will have to wait b/c she is still congested. Love yall

Anonymous said...

Your son looks just like you when he cries!
Chris

Anonymous said...

congrats on baby knox. my internet has been down and i havent checked it in several days. i'm happy to hear that he's home and in good health. god bless and congrats again.

Anonymous said...

Tina... This looks just like Case's first bath lol

Anonymous said...

the sleeping beauties(and I use the word seriously) tells it all. Doing the 'shut-eye' thingy is a great time being together. love to all Grammie