Friday, July 9, 2010

Fourth of July Weekend

We had a busy, but absolutely fantastic, Fourth of July weekend!

On Saturday morning, we rode in the annual neighborhood parade. Knox wasn't very enthused until he spotted Nana! He did occasionally wave at elderly people, but other than that, he just laid back and chilled. Peyton and Braxton threw candy at to the crowd.


Once the parade was over, Knox got wound up! He had loads of fun socializing with everyone.
Braxton, Peyton, Makenzie, Amy, Knox, Patience, and Shawn
Knox and Patience must have been having a stare-off competition!

I love to see Knox's big grin!
-Daddy, Grandaddy, Knox, Aunt Trish, Nana, and Uncle Brad

Knox, Aunt Trish, and Uncle Brad

Knox LOVED petting the horse!

Knox and Braxton chillin' in a driveway
while Patience got her face painted


Saturday afternoon, Nana and I took Knox to Mylee's birthday party at Bay Springs. The party was fabulous! Knox had a big time sliding on the playground and interacting with the other children.
"Cheese!"

At first, I was a little bummed that I was unable to get a good picture of Knox and his precious friend. But while glancing through the pictures, I couldn't help but smile when I noticed they were doing similar things (especially hand placement) in each picture!

Knox and Mylee's New Moves
Both hands down...

Right up, left down...

Hold it, hold it...

Put it in ya mouth!!


Having so much fun!

Knox and Nana
After the party, Knox and I headed to Corinth to watch Daddy race. This was a big first for us, and it certainly won't be a last!
Daddy put on a show and had so much fun! Knox only stayed awake long enough to see part of it, but Daddy was tickled to have him there.
Daddy and Knox

Daddy's Mini Me

Pointing at Daddy on the racetrack
-Grandma and Knox
Love it.

Sunday, we sinned and skipped church. We went to Duncan to Lynn and Joni's pool house. They had fixed a delicious lunch that was waiting on us when we arrived. Knox couldn't stay interested in the food (believe it or not) because he was ready to swim! He especially loved the slide...
We never figured out what this expression this was,
except priceless!

"Weeee!!"
Sliding into Aunt Erin's arms

Sporting some goggles

Lynn "motorboating" Knox around the pool

So of course Knox had to motorboat himself!

Latest obsession: one shoe

Knox loved this dog, but he ended up bothering her.
We had a little scare, and that's about all I'd prefer to remember.
Two things come to my mind...
1- "Am I sexy or what?!"
and
2- "Where's the ski poles?"

1 comment:

The Gapens said...

I sure did have fun with my sweet nephew! I hope you'll come play again soon, Knox!

His facial expression before going down the slide still makes me smile. Love him!