Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tybee Island

Tybee Island was a first for our family. We've never been on the Atlantic Coast, but WOW! What a wonderful place! We loved it!


Mommy and Knox

Nani, Pop, and Knox

Breakfast with Pop

Hittin' the beach

Chasing a bird before riding some waves

"This place is AWESOME!!"

"Well, it WAS!"
-after being knocked down by a big wave



Footprints in the sand
-Daddy, Knox, and Mommy
Family footprints
-Dad, Knox, Mom, and Bubba
(beautifully written by Peyton aka "Bubba")

Not a care in the world


The waves were so big there! I was amazed! Pop taught Knox how to ride the waves.
Each time a wave came, Pop and Knox would say, "KickKickKick!!"
It was precious! Knox would kick his little feet as hard as he could.
Knox rode waves with me, too - but not after our accident! He and I got nailed HARD by a wave. Both of us went completely underwater, and I lost my sunglasses and hurt my shoulder. After that, he only wanted Pop! I couldn't blame him, and I was glad he wanted to stay in the water.


Big guys on the lookout for the next big wave




The next two pictures summarize our trip to Tybee Island...
Awesome!

Yet relaxing!

Storytime with Bubba


Precious babies
-Knox, Chase, and Reed

Gapen Grandsons
-Knox, Peyton, Chase, and Reed

"Cheese!"

I love my boys

And most of the time, they love ME!
Next stop - Birmingham!

2 comments:

The Gapens said...

Knox did awesome in the ocean! He would get hit by a wave & go right back out there. So proud of him! We enjoyed every minute with y'all!

The Robertsons said...

Great pictures! I love the pouty face and the relaxing picture. Too cute!