Saturday, May 23, 2009

Daddy went up, up, and away!

Last week, Daddy and a few others were given a very special opportunity to fly in a helicopter to Camp Shelby and visit with the soldiers who are preparing for another deployment to Iraq. They were originally scheduled to fly down on Thursday, but due to thunderstorms, they had to reschedule for Friday. Knox and I went both days to spend time with Daddy at the airport and watch him depart on his journey.

Daddy's gonna get to ride in a helicopter!
Knox and Daddy just outside the pilot's lounge

Have fun, relax, be careful, and take care of my daddy!
Knox talking to Steve

Knox was being camera shy ; )

It was raining, so Knox and I just stood at the door and watched Daddy leave.


Daddy getting fastened in.

Up, up, and away!

Peyton and Uncle Jack went with us to watch Daddy come in. While we were waiting, we propped Knox up for a few seconds to snap a picture. Of course, with a baby, there are always many "failed" photo attempts. I thought they were still funny.



FINALLY! : )
Uncle Jack, Knox, and Peyton

Precious moments

Peyton and Uncle Jack looking for Daddy

Whoo hoo! Daddy made it back safely!
Uncle Jack, Mom & Knox, Daddy, and Peyton


Knox loved on one of the soldiers that flew with Daddy,
while Peyton and Uncle Jack got in the pilot's seat.
Future pilots?




This was such a neat experience, and I'm so glad the boys got to be there.
Honestly, it wasn't until Grandaddy served oversees that I gained so much respect for our military. I want to teach Knox at a very early age the importance of supporting our troops.

Knox has a friend, Brian, who is being deployed again. We have already been praying for them, and we will continue to do so. We love our soldiers!

1 comment:

The Gapens said...

Knox,

What a cool adventure! You will have to tell Reed all about it because he is obsessed with helicopters!

Love,

Aunt Erin